It’s so funny whenever I swap stories with other moms, it always results in me bursting out in laughter, aimlessly nodding my head along or finishing their sentence for them. I actually thought some of these things only happened to me, then I realized you know you’re a mom when….
- Your outfits are based on how accessible your breast will be for feeding.
- You go from a bag just to hold your keys, purse and cellphone to a mini overnight bag.
- Your phone’s photo gallery goes from countless selfies to an overload of pics of your child.
- Your privacy becomes almost non-exsistant, there always seems to be an audience present and you’re constantly followed around even into the bathroom.
- You fake sleep so your child will fall asleep and you ended up taking a 2-3 hrs “nap” yourself.
- Your place in the bed is now on the edge.
- Silence makes you nervous.
- Trying to keep the house clean is like trying to tidy a desk full of papers with the fan on.
- Your child will walk right pass their father and look for you, so you can do something for them.
- The moment you sit down and get comfortable, your help or attention is suddenly needed.
- You whisper profanity before answering to mom or making a decision.
- You shamefully help to look for their favorite snack that you have eaten already.
- You know all the words of the theme songs to your child’s favorite cartoons.
- You leave to buy something for yourself only to return with stuff for your child.
- When the gift truly doesn’t matter because they made it just for you.
Mother hood isn’t easy, but there are many joys and jokes to help you along the way.