Mornings sometimes can be such a drag, no one likes to leave the comfort of a warm bed and may even try to linger more by hitting the snooze button a couple of times. It’s hard to pull yourself away from your cozy bed but you do; and then run around in a mad rush to get ready. You end up idly looking into your closet not knowing what to wear before trying to tackle breakfast and for some reason nobody seems to want the quickest thing you could do at the moment. Finally to top it all off, an impromptu treasure hunt frantically looking for your child other matching shoe, or your keys. Let’s be real, the time we spend doing all that in the morning can really add up quickly and before long we’re already stressed and off to a late start.
That’s why we all need to have a good nightly routine which can help maximize producitivity and minimize stress the next day. It’s nothing major, just 8 foolproof steps to adopt in order to have a better day that is organized and on schedule.
- Clean up living, dining and kitchen. (tidy up rooms and do dishes for a fresh start)
- Prep breakfast and prepare lunch (cuts down on undecisiveness and saves time knowing ahead what everybody wants)
- Set out clothes (pick out a backup look just in case)
- Pack bags for tomorrow and ensure that older children’s homework is already done. (put everything where you can find them)
- Enjoy 10- 15 of “Mommy Time”(have a your bath, etc, then pamper yourself or do something to help relax)
- Leave curtains slightly open to let in sunlight. (best wake up motivator)
- Set alarm 15 minutes earlier. (your time to get ready before the children wake)
- Put alarm on the other side of the room.(definitely have to get up and turn it off less likely to hit snooze button)
Only thing left to do afterwards, is to get between the sheets and sleep well. Hope these steps help you as much as they help me.